--- On Thu, 6/8/09, Evan Sebire <e...@sebire.org> wrote:

> A complicated solution would be to have user options
> similar to non-web
> applications.  Tick-box to emphasise paths that have
> bicycle = yes tag. The
> current cycle map is good but tick-boxes for other
> properties such as fuel,
> bbq, motel etc.  The rendering is good but the user
> preferences are limited.

This would be best dealt with as a layer option, and this layer highlights
stuff over the top of a base map layer, which is rendered in a general type of
way.

What we're currently doing is working out the kinks on the base layer, from
there we can work on these specalised layers that are shown when the user ticks
the box.

It can be done, I can only assume cyclestreets.net does this for showing cycle
routes, I doubt they would render individual tiles for each search query.