On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:05 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/14 Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com>:
>> Similar organisations exist in many countries, you might as well have
>> a specific tag for them, like "servicemens_club" or something. The
>> definition could be "A venue providing cheap food and bingo nights in
>> the company of old people."
>
> They aren't just related to servicemen/ex-servicemen, which is why I
> picked member_club to cover sporting and other clubs...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was suggesting using separate tags for the
two. There's not all that much to be gained by stretching one tag to
cover two different things. Does an RSL really have much in common
with the local cricket club? Well, maybe it does - if we're talking
about their bistro/pokies bit.

So... sports_centre for the actual sporting facilities, something_club
for the commercial bit? Maybe social_club? "club_rooms", while it
sounded good for the buildings members genuinely use for their
meetings and stuff, doesn't sound right for a building the public
comes to for a feed.

Steve