On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know. What are you basing that on? Can you legally ride a bike
> through a Local Traffic Only area? No idea, but I suspect not...

I would have thought so, because afaik these rules are to reduce
traffic noise. Bicycles not being noisy, I would have thought they
weren't included.

> The
> bigger issue is that (I assume) these roads are almost universally
> tagged with access=destination, which is (it appears) clearly wrong.

Why is it a problem how everything else is tagged? I'd say
"access=destination" is just less specific

>> Equally logically, a program doing foot routing should probably ignore
>> "access=destination" anyway.
>
> That's pretty arbitrary. Should foot routing also ignore
> access=private? It gets messy.

I should have said "would". It does get messy...partially because the
real world is messy. Say there was a business park with a boom gate
preventing access to unauthorised cars. You might still walk through
it. Or you might not. You could trust tags of "motor_vehicle=private
foot=private" more than "access=private", I think, but it does leave
the problem of having to tag *every possible* vehicle.

Steve