On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 7:41 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/16 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
>> Interesting. So this potentially means all access=destination tags
>> should be changed to motor_vehicle=destination + motorcycle=yes. Would
>> be better to first get confirmation from government on the sign's
>> meaning though...
>
> Does this mean we should tag bus lanes in NSW as motorcycle=yes?
>
> Personally I don't think we should do either, we're tagging what's on
> the ground, not what's on the legal books. That doesn't mean we can't
> make a note about this on the wiki.

The main issue that access=destination (i.e. applying to all traffic
modes) is wrong - it isn't on the ground, and (quite probably...)
isn't even in the legal books.

How should "Local Traffic Only" signs be encoded in the database,
given that we want to tag the meaning of the sign, rather than the
sign itself? access=local_traffic_only? I'd prefer
[something]=destination. Or are you saying we should ignore these
signs altogether?