On 7/7/2011 7:15 AM, 80n wrote:
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Steve Coast <st...@asklater.com <mailto:st...@asklater.com>> wrote:

    FOSMs not going anywhere for some simple reasons.

    The people running it are ineffective, the data will be
    incompatible when OSM switches, fosm doesn't have any of the
    agreements to derive data from aerial imagery. I could go on, but
    those are the big ticket items.

    Everyone should be aware of the theater show that 80n is running
    merely to disrupt the community, and it's very sad that so far
    he's been successful.

You seem worried, Steve.

You've been very successful at perverting certain sections of the community, Australia being a good example as the checks and balances of normal community communication are harder because of the timezone differences and costs of flying. Essentially, people in Australia don't get to hear from the rest of us on the phone or in the pub and we let you spam the lists for a long time. So to an outsider it can look like you're this rational guy who used to be on the board and so on. I've heard about the various conspiracy theories you've been peddling personally off-list too.

It's hard to fix that, however I am resourceful.

The first step is to meet your clownmails message-for-message so you don't automatically have the loudest voice. By pointing out the simple facts and having you talk past them and get to the real issues (you want to rile people like me up, make us fret and worry) it is now clear to a rational observer what the intentions are.

I think your nightmare scenario is that I fly to Australia and sit in the pub and discuss the real reasons you're so upset.

Steve