On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Ian Sergeant <inas66+...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An actual connected route along roads on the ground in this instance either
> doesn't exist or cannot be determined from any verifiable source.
>
> OSM requires verifiability, for reasons I consider apparent.  A route
> relation requires that there be an actual, connected route.

A route is by definition an abstraction. It is an idea dreamed up by a
committee somewhere, connecting various pieces of physical
infrastructure. It can then be communicated in various ways: with
physical signage, websites, pamphlets, maybe even legislation. However
it's communicated, interpretation is required to work out which roads
are "in" and which are "out".

Steve