Brett Russell wrote:

I am working my way around the State and noticed a few edits to tracks that I have put in. The history function option in Polatch 2 is annoying as it gets swamped with global changes.

That sounds like you're talking about the "history" tab on the main site - it does get swamped with global changsets.

All I want to do is select an object and have the history of changes showing and more importantly who is doing them. Is there a way of doing this?

As Leon mentioned, every object has a "browse" page. You can get to it from Potlatch 2 (and JOSM), and also by clicking on a way in a changset (e.g. one of yours that edited it), or just by typing in the URL, e.g.:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/43429311/history

Other useful "history" functions include ITO's "OSM mapper":

http://www.itoworld.com/static/openstreetmap_tools/osm_mapper.html

That allows you to monitor an area for changes to ways (but not unfortunately nodes, relations or any deletions)

Also, "whodidit":

http://zverik.osm.rambler.ru/whodidit/

That monitors changes to nodes within an area. It can provide an RSS feed too.

Cheers,
Andy