> On 30 Apr 2014, at 10:53 pm, Michael Gratton <m...@vee.net> wrote:
> Yeah, I noticed that last night. My inclination was to pretend it isn't a
> problem until the LPI comes around, then make everything align to that. :) I
> don't disagree that adjacent property boundaries should share ways, but I'm
> inclined to prefer suburb boundaries have their own, since they are political
> at best (social at worst) and hence independent of land title boundaries.
> TRhe splitting of Newtown between the Sydney and Marrickville councils was a
> good example. In any case, Mapbox for me is giving a pixel's width difference
> between the three, so I'm not confident about using that (or Bing) to try to
> rectify (so to speak) the situation at the moment.

I agree that if and when we can use the definitive suburb boundaries we should
use their line.

The ABS data just doesn't have the accuracy for that in my experience.  I think
you'll generally find in cases like this that the actual boundary is the
property line.

So fingers crossed for positive response from LPI!

> What happened to Bing anyway?

About a year ago they loaded new Sydney and surround imagery that was all
offset.   Yes you can manually adjust, but there is getting to be more and more
stuff unaligned.

I contacted bing maps but no response.

If you are going to use bing then it must be aligned to known good features or
easier still to mapbox imagery.

Ian