I'd also suggest getting address data, similar to the vicmap data, and released as cc-by-sa

Cheers
Ross

On 01/05/14 10:20, Michael Gratton wrote:

On Thu, 1 May, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Ian Sergeant <ina...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree that if and when we can use the definitive suburb boundaries
we should use their line.
The ABS data just doesn't have the accuracy for that in my
experience.  I think you'll generally find in cases like this that the
actual boundary is the property line.
So fingers crossed for positive response from LPI!

Indeed. Speaking of which, the LPI would like submissions from us!

After my email enquiry a few weeks ago, I received this back from the LPI:

I have been informed by management that LPI is currently reviewing the
licencing framework and will be in a better position to answer your
query within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

We can send submissions for the review to Greg Windsor
greg.wind...@lpi.nsw.gov.au, so this might be a good chance to make some
polite, positive suggestions and argue the case for releasing (at least)
data like suburb boundaries under a licence suitable for inclusion in OSM.

//Mike