On 29-Dec-16 09:30 AM, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
Hi all

I would agree with Warin's latest suggested definition: "The boundary of an authority that is responsible for local government <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_government> functions within that boundary."

If there's "something" there, we should be showing it!

Further to Cleary's comment about NSW Legislation, earlier this week I was looking at the BoM site for NSW & they had put out a weather warning for the Unincorporated Area of NSW, so they also think that it exists!

On a similar line (& apologies if it's been discussed & resolved previously) how do we treat Aboriginal towns? They lie within some form of "Shire" (presumably Level 6), but then each town is run by it's Local Community Council. Are they also a Level 6 authority?

I don't think they are a level 6 ...
Tibooburra and Silverton also have 'village councils' .. but are inside the 'unincorporated thingy' ... I think these 'village councils' operate under the oversight of their respective level 6 bodies. These, if entered, should be a lesser number .. 7 (District or Region Border ) or 9 (Suburb and Locality Border) {8 is postcodes, 10 is Suburb and Locality Border (ABS boundaries) } .. to show that they are a 'lesser' entity.

Thanks

Graeme