On 12/03/18 22:57, Simon Poole wrote:

- has the DNRM explicitly made a statement on the validity of the explicit permission from data.gov.au back then?

All you need is a basic understanding of the Australian system of government. A federal bureaucrat does not have the authority to make decisions about the licensing of a State owned dataset. But to confirm someone could contact DNRM and ask the question.

>  At the time the issue was rather hotly debated

That's putting it politely. There is a rather toxic stratum of correspondence on talk-au around the period of the license change.

As I said earlier this is a can of worm and I have been deliberately leaving the Contributors page alone and just keeping an eye on what people are importing into OSM.

Talk-au mailing list