You're right railway=station per the wiki

Railway stations are mapped as an area covering the whole station (tracks,
> buildings, platforms, etc.) or a node at the center of the station from
> passengers' point of view. This is usually an unconnected node at the
> platform area. This node does not have to be part of a railway track.
> If you want to map the station as an area, please consider that different
> people describe the station area differently. While passengers only have
> the area around the station building and the platforms in mind, railway
> staff and railway enthusiasts think of the whole railway area which begins
> at the entry signal at one side and ends at the entry signals at the other
> side.

So https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/34891023/ should be railway=station in
my opinion, that would cover the whole area and encompass all the
platforms, buildings, roofs, and tracks which are part of Central Station.

I agree the building roof's shouldn't have the name Central Station, it
should come from the railway=station areas which encompasses them.

That would involve moving all the station tags off
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/16748116 and onto the current landuse way.