Hey I was just thinking about this myself the other day.

"Petroglyph is image created by removing part of a rock surface by
incising, picking, carving, or abrading, as a form of rock art." So when
there is on engraving, only paint then petroglypth would be incorrect based
on that definition.

Rock art (parietal art) is a superset of petroglyph. That is cave paintings
and petroglypths are both forms of rock art, at least from my reading of
wikipedia.

So I think,

an engraving with no paint => site_type:petroglyph
a rock art with no engraving => site_type:cave_painting

with site_type:parietal_art being a valid less specific tag for both.

I agree that tourism=artwork doesn't seem right, given they were not
created for tourism in the first place, and not necessarily as artworks
either!