I don't think OSMF will change this requirement, as the reasons for the
waiver are detailed in the blog post Mateusz linked to,
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/03/17/use-of-cc-by-data/ are pretty
compelling.

There had been some hope that CC BY 4.0 sources would be directly
> compatible with the ODbL. But while neither CC nor the OSMF has undertaken
> a complete compatibility analysis, we have identified at least one  point
> of incompatibility and one possible challenge regarding attribution that
> lead us to our decision to continue to ask for explicit permission to use
> BY 4.0-licensed material in the OSM project. This is the best path forward.

 If you would like a second voice for your enquiry with Gold Coast, feel
free to loop me in.