On Thursday, 15 October 2020 6:23:36 PM AEDT John Bryant wrote:
> This is part of a viticulture community-driven project to build consensus
> around use & sharing of data, and part of the discussion is around data
> ownership and openness. The project has the Australian Farm Data Code [1]
> as one of its guiding principles, so it's definitely on the radar. I'm not
> running the project myself, but helping to answer some of the questions
> about open geospatial (hence this query!).

For this level of detail, would a GIS be more useful, pulling roads etc. from
OSM?  Then other things useful to the viticulturist, such as soil type, slope,
aspect, rainfall, irrigation and drainage (natural or artificial) even
cadastre for individual blocks, could be layered in as needed and is as much,
or as little, detail as required.

GRASS or QGIS are readily available as FOSS if that is a requirement.

--
Regards
Simon Slater