I think I've tried to contact this user before.

However when I wanted to contact them it was for the opposite problem, they
were putting bicycle=yes on paths that didn't allow cycling. I have only
ever seen changeset comments of 'updates' , and I don't think I've seen a
source referenced other than the iD bing imagery.

They also do a lot of path -> footway/cycleway changes, and I've seen them
flip-flop those way types on ways they edited months before.

This recent changeset reverts a shared footpath & cyclepath next to
McClelland Drive to a footway. I know from going along there recently that
it is a shared path.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/110855931#map=16/-38.1286/145.1824
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/926500719/history

I think a lot that they do is valid and useful, however sourcing is
sometimes uncertain, the changeset comments are pointless, and there's many
incorrect edits.

Adam