Hi,

I’m at the EMSINA (Emergency Management Spatial Information
Network Australia) PDP day as part of AFAC (Australasian Fire and Emergency
Service Authorities Council) 2022 Conference in Adelaide and finding a few
“OpenStreetMap used here”.

Feedback from participants I’ve spoken to:

  *   The price is right, free!
  *   Good coverage of health facilities

Uses of OpenStreetMap I’ve not noticed before, mainly background maps

  *   Find a police station (SA Police)
https://www.police.sa.gov.au/about-us/find-your-local-police-station (via ESRI)

And oddly an attribution where OpenStreetMap is credited but its SA government
mapping

  *   Bus Stop location map https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/stops?id=16490

My own observation and I suppose the reason I’m here is there are plenty of
users of our mapping but not much feedback from users as to what they want,
which we are probably willing to map.

Alex