Reply inline

On 2022-08-29 06:32, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
Thanks for confirmation, fellas!

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 at 21:12, David Wales via Talk-au <talk-au@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

    I use them in Organic Maps for my personal navigation!

& me in OSMAnd for mine!

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 at 00:37, Michael Collinson <m...@ayeltd.biz> wrote:

    Graeme,
    You are one with Steve Coast on seeing that as a major focus.

    Yes, use and of use ...  definitely of use particularly on longer
    roads ... which bit do I want to aim for? Either by visual
    indication or by searching then routing.

Yep, when you're looking for somewhere on This Road, & your options are the intersections of Another Road & Different Road, 20k apart, it makes things a bit hard! :-(

I don't know if people like ambo's & Rural Firies are in the same boat though?

Anecdotally probably not. I contract wrote an app which is used by US fire brigades in the cab, (they are very fragmented at a county level and so often do not have "big iron" systems). As I recall the main data came from OSM but street numbers, hazard documents and fire hydrant info from separate sources. Building outlines (i.e. there IS a building here) and potential access tracks perhaps? I'll ask a mate in the Victoria CFA.

Thanks

Graeme