On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 at 17:15, cleary <o...@97k.com> wrote:

> I'm uncertain about the terms of use of the government data but,
> generally, when reproducing another person or organisation's resources
> (images, text etc) with permission, one is required not to distort that
> resource so as to not embarrass the donor.  Where a source such as the NSW
> Government has given permission to use its data in OSM, I feel we have an
> obligation to use it correctly. It would be wrong to show inaccurate
> boundaries and attribute them to the Government source.  As the person who
> initiated obtaining access to the NSW data a few years ago, I feel
> particularly embarrassed that we might mis-use it.
>
> but I believe that if we are going to do something, we should do it
> properly and, in OSM, that would mean as accurately as we can manage  -
> even if it is inconvenient and untidy.

I don't actually disagree with you, but being picky to the nth degree here
:-), does that mean we should only map using DCS NSW Imagery, & treat the
DCS Base & Topo maps as gospel?

I think we're all agreed that while they're helpful, their Imagery is
*wwwaaayyy* out of date, while the others should only be taken as an
indication, not definitive.

Thanks

Graeme