eMerzh wrote:
> as you probably know (or not), Openstreetmap is looking to change the
> licence from cc-by-sa to the new odbl licence
>
> [...]
>
> since there was not much traffic about this in the talk-be list, i've check
> the acceptance rate of Belgium...

I did announce it, but you just won't reach most mappers through the mailing
list.

> here on a map
> http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/?zoom=9&lat=50.68506&lon=4.5875&la
> yers=B0 or here http://odbl.info.nu/belgium.html per user...
>
> Wow 26% of all nodes .... it's small... too small ( where France has ~60%)

It's of course still in the voluntary approval phase, and I for one am still
waiting for more information on whether to approve the new contributor terms
or not: information about the next steps in this process, how it will be
decided whether we go on with the license change, etc. I need confirmation
that you won't delete a quarter of all the Belgian data for example, which
could include a lot of my work if someone in the objects' histories didn't
agree.

I have no problems with the new license, but I do have problems with the lack
of information.

Greetings
Ben