Andre Engels wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Renaud MICHEL <r.h.michel+...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On mardi 22 mars 2011 at 18:39, Jo wrote :
> >> cycleway=opposite (converted to the proper xml-format) and tag the way
> >> as modified.
> >
> > I don't think that tag is appropriate.
> > It implies that there is a real cycleway on the road, but in Liege (and
> > many other places in wallonia) you simply have an exclusion to the
> > oneway for bicycles.
>
> No, cycleway=opposite means exactly that - a one way road that
> cyclists are allowed to ride in the opposite direction. See
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:cycleway

The main problem with it is that it doesn't tell anything about mopeds. As you
know many oneway streets also allow mopeds class A in the opposite direction.

My preference has always gone to

bicycle:oneway=no
moped_A:oneway=no

and I'm sure that the reasoning why I choose this and not oneway:bicycle=no
can be found in a couple of places in different discussions in mailing lists
and wiki, but I'm not gonna dig those up now. My unfinished traffic signs tool
also makes use of these:
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~eimai/verkeersborden/

Ben