Yes, you can print it to qr codes, and scan it again, but the data stays
protected, so you can't share the scanned image, or the data you get out of
the qr code.

It might be handy to get the data from paper on your gps, but it won't help
you with sharing the data.

This is a result of the fact that under sui generis right, any substantial
part of the data is always protected, no matter in what format it is stored
or seen.