On 2013-02-26 18:51, Glenn Plas wrote :
Unfortunately, SVG type is text/plain, and some png files remain wrong.

I don't think that is correct, according to standards:  The MIME type for SVG is "image/svg+xml" (see XML Media Types [RFC3023]).
I don't mean that the type of the SVG file should be text/plain, I say that it is; it should be what you say.
dutch_flyer_2013_02/flyer_vertaling.txt seems to be ISO8859-1 and is displayed with UTF-8.
Funny, it's usually the other way round (UTF-8 displayed as Latin).  Upload txt in UTF-8.
Fortunately UTF8 covers the same codepoints as the characters in  ISO-8859-1 but not the other ISO-8859-x sets, so in this case it probably will not be a problem.     Since there is no entry in the props list(it's not really a prop anyway) , I think UTF8 is the server default for text files, you are correct about the file type, checking the file signature confirms:

glenn@byte-consult:~/svn/dutch_flyer_2013_02$ file flyer_vertaling.txt
flyer_vertaling.txt: ISO-8859 English text, with CRLF line terminators
No, displaying an ISO-8859-1 encoded file as if it were UTF-8 encoded gives a wrong display.
é (e-acute)
ISO 8859-1 : E9   (invalid under UTF-8 decoding)
UTF-8 :  C3A9      (displays as é under ISO-8859-1 decoding)
That's because UTF-8 uses the two high order bits as flags.

To have no problems, use UTF-8 everywhere.
I still think that Apache is not doing its .ext->mimetype job, there, but it may be a user config pb.

What do you mean exactly ?
that Apache indicated text/plain when transmitting the .SVG file; same for other files.

Cheers,

André.