On 2013-07-06 15:06, Kurt Roeckx wrote :
> I've known about the fix my street project for some time, but I
> just found this:
> http://fixmystreet.irisnet.be/
>
> This is apparently something that's orginaised by Brussel itself,
> and currently 14 of the 19 municipalities use.
>
> Has anybody tries to contact the Flemisch or Walloon government
> to try and do the same thing?  I think this could be useful to
> have.

Good idea indeed, especially if an application were written using OSM.
So that if the place is not on the map, one may add it before notifying ;-)
But before showing this as a model, it should be noted:

>     Entrez l'adresse où se situe l'incident

That some persons may not know the name of the street where "funny
things happened" but that they are quite capable of finding their way on
the map and locate the place.
I find it very strange to disallow looking at the map before a street
name is entered, especially to pin a marker.

>     Comment signaler un incident
>
> Tout problème représentant un grave danger de sécurité doit être
> signalé à la police au numéro d'urgence 101
>
>  1. Entrez l'adresse où vous avez constaté l'incident
>  2. Localisez l'incident sur la carte
>  3. Décrivez l'incident
>  4. Votre incident sera envoyé au service concerné
>  5. Abonnez-vous pour rester informé du suivi de l'incident

That I read on gov.be that a single emergency number should be used and
that that number is obviously 112.
I don't mind at all seeing other numbers, but like this: 112 (101).
I just don't understand that obstinateness to hide the true, single,
international emergency number.
Do you know what number to call if an airplane falls in your backyard?
02/751 46 15.
I suppose that the persons answering 112 know the 100 numbers that
others would have you learn by heart.
Furthermore, in most countries, you can dial urgency with a SIMless
phone (as this one on my desk).
Not in Belgium.  The phone says you can, but you loose precious time if
you try.   No comment.

Cheers,

André.