On 05-12-13 05:54, Marc Gemis wrote:
Another question related to this boundary. Originally I did not touch the boundary between Mechelen en Bonheiden. I just reused it for the Muizen-boundary. I now noticed that the Bonheidensteenweg (http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/146650425) was partially in Muizen-Mechelen and Bonheiden. So I moved the boundary at that point, i.e. moved 1 point by merging it with the streetname change point.

But now I wonder whether the boundary should not be over the stream Boeimeerbeek. That makes more sense to me. In this case the street name change should occur in the middle of the bridge.

I just checked AGIV, there is no (street) name on the bridge, but the street names are different on both sides of the stream. Also, the name of the stream is Vrouwvliet according to AGIV.

Can we improve the boundaries with data from AGIV ? Is there a WMS layer or shape files we can use ?

I was born and raised in Bonheiden, I always thought that was the border, you could actually spot the border between Mechelen(Muizen) and Bonheiden for years by looking at the quality difference of the road. I only visit it once in a while and now it seems the road has been redone. But it used to be pretty close to the bridge over the Boeimeerbeek you mention.

The road in Bonheiden is called the Muizensteenweg, in Muizen that road is called Bonheidensteenweg. By looking at the map alone I think that the point on the road should not be merged with the administrative boundary like it is now. I noticed someone messed with that area a good while back and he lacked some mapping knowledge.

That bridge is the border, atleast by popular knowledge.

Glenn