It's all a matter of how much work you want to put in it.

A few years ago, I tried to draw most of the part-municipality boundaries
in West-Flanders, and succeeded pretty well in it. However, that was still
in the time of Yahoo imagery, so many features (like streams) weren't
visible, which means that many boundaries are shifted a few meters from
their actual location.

Here's a map that enables you to see to what level boundaries are mapped:
http://www.itoworld.com/map/2?lon=4.67594&lat=50.88177&zoom=9

In short, I used out-of-copyright Popp maps from the royal library. Then I
georeferenced them manually using the JOSM background image plugin. After
referencing them, I could draw the boundaries as they were in the 19th
century. Most boundaries didn't change since that time, so you can do a
pretty good job. But you do need to search some information on certain
boundaries to see which areas were exchanged in the past.

So if you want to invest a few hours, you can certainly draw some nice
boundaries.

Regards,
Sander