Maybe you can circumvent the issue by doing this:

Open JOSM and make sure you have Remote Control enabled. In Firefox,
go to this address: https://127.0.0.1:8112/
You should get a warning screen saying "This Connection is Untrusted".
Click "I Understand the Risks" and press the "Add Exception..."
button.
A window pops up. (You can press "View" and inspect the certificate if
you like. Close the details window if you have done so.) Make sure
"Permanently store this exception" is checked and click "Confirm
Security Exception".
Now you should see a Bad Request error page because you haven't asked
JOSM to do anything ;)

This worked for me. The website still emits an alert that editing
failed, but JOSM loads the data.

Ruben