Hi guys, just followed up on the conversation.

I can follow the arguments of Seppe below. Yes, a few media opportunities were
missed, but still this was a huge achievement for OSM and shouldn’t be
deminished regarding impact.
If you look up mapathon on Google (of all places ;)), you end up on OSM. If you
look at the VTM images you can clearly see Open Street Map on the editor. No
there hasn’t been a direct mention, but even professional press officers can’t
control their message completely.

So it’s good to talk about how things could be better, but I’m sure you’re all
aware that this was already an amazing campaign.

Regarding improvements:
Open Knowledge Belgium can help with promotional stuff like this if you want.
Giving press-training (press-releasing (text) and press-interviews (video)).
But also designing and ordering banners, t-shirts, even flyers for that matter.
And even beyond that, social media training, logistical support… I’m not saying
we know everything, but if have the in-house experience or know someone, but we
can see what we can make happen.

Regarding support I’m partly to blame because I was only aware of this event
just last week when Joost asked me to write about it on the Open Belgium blog.
So please feel free to keep Open Knowledge Belgium in the loop so that we can
see how we can be of service.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Jan

Community Coordinator
Open Knowledge Belgium
m: +32 476 66 27 77 a: Sint-Salvatorstraat 18/101, 9000 Gent
s: www.openknowledge.be <http://www.openknowledge.be/> e:
pieter...@openknowledge.be <mailto:pieter...@openknowledge.be>