On 08-11-16 16:48, Ben Abelshausen wrote:
> I did some tests and remote control doesn't work in JOSM, probably
> because we use HTTPS. I tried with tasks.hotosm.org
> <http://tasks.hotosm.org> but no HTTPS there.
>
> There is an HTTPS option in JOSM but that also doesn't work. Can we
> update our taskingmanager to trigger JOSM's remote control using HTTPS?

That is normal if you open the site in https mode, JOSM remote control
will try to use that method and it's not implemented in JOSM, actually
it is but the SSL certificate does not validate so you get denied.

The only solution afaik is to use the site in non-ssl mode, then remote
control will work.

You can verify this with openstreetmap.org site , it works in both modes.

In case you want a -free- yet working certificate, check
https://letsencrypt.org/

Glenn