Personally, i put Nature reserve on a special relation, as it is described
on the wiki, like this one :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/7130732#map=17/50.68519/4.70461
And the forest or other landuses are just part of this multipolygon. In
this example, i also have a multipolygon for the forest because, i have
things inside it.
Nothing stop you to have multiple relation at the same place (i think of
relation like a "special" polygon, and nothing stop us to make multiple
polygon on each other but slightly different in shape).

We should really describe/decide which tag is representing a landuse
(because it can be landuse=*, leisure=* or natural=*) and if we need to
avoid putting them at the same place (like allow or not leisure=park on top
of landuse=residential ?!). Right know, we all have our own opinion and it
create some variation of the map in Belgium.
And we should avoid gap in the landuse. Thus it seems important to solve
some problems like what should be the landuse tag under a road ?