> One can correct the position of imagery in iD as well. I don't know
> about Potlatch.

Yep, you can. Spacebar+mouseclick. But there is no Imagery Offset Database
[1] plugin for either iD or Potlatch, so in that way JOSM can be superior
in some situations.

Both iD and Potlatch are fed through the OSM Editor Imagery index [2]; JOSM
doesn't use that for some reason.
In the case of Flanders, since all license issues have been resolved, both
GRB and imagery are available. You can verify the imagery alignment with
the GRB layer which has centimeter precision. I haven't seen any issues
myself.

1: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Imagery_Offset_Database
2: http://osmlab.github.io/editor-imagery-index/
--