Hey all,

I wanted to let you know about a tool I made called 'BPF' - Belgium Phone
Formatter.
When provided with OSM login credentials and a list of OSM ID's to fix, it
scans those
objects for 'phone', 'contact:phone', 'fax' and 'contact:fax' tags and
attempts to normalize them.
If it fails (sees a difficult/unrecognized number), it leaves the whole
object unchanged.
[image: BPF-Illustration.png]

The tool/script is mainly meant to make this MapRoulette challenge
<http://maproulette.org/map/2673> a little easier.
But if you find another use for it feel free to download and use the python
script from https://github.com/Ubipo/BpfOsmTool.

The reason that particular MapRoulette challenge isn't fixed already is
that:
One: I wanted some other people's input about whether this is a good idea.
And two: I'm having some problems with the MapRoulette API: Google Doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tUDXGHHQLgL98OwF0JCNMFPSii1Yr7Zkq3k6mF9k4J4/edit?usp=sharing>

Best,
Ubipo
ubipo.ski...@gmail.com