I don't know the details of this particular case, but if there is a real
intention to be built the route, then why not map it as future ?

OMS has tags to manage the life-cycle of past, present and future features.

From: Tim Couwelier [mailto:tim.couwel...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 18:17
To: OpenStreetMap Belgium <talk-be@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk-be] temporary cycle routes

I'll go with a 'no' here.

Let me explain why:

Both the main routes (fietsostrade, fietssnelweg, whatever you wish to call it)
and the 'BFF' ('Bovenlokaal functioneel fietstroutenet) are by no means an
indication of actual infrastructure being present, nor is it a measure of
quality for the infrastructure that's there.

The point of a map is to show what's there. Neither BFF nor the structural
network of 'bike highways' are relevant in that aspect, they only show where
we'd eventually like to see proper infrastructure.

Don't get me wrong, if there's a suitable way to give the proper bike highways
a little lovin' on the map, I'm all for it. But only when it's actually there.

Stretches that aren't  there, or that are on the BFF but the cycleways are
mapped as part of the other infrastructure there, probably shouldn't be mapped
as such.

Let me illustrate with an example, the connection 'Roeselare - Torhout', along
the train line:

- between Spoorweglaan and Mandeldreef the trajectory is drawn very badly.

- The stretch between Mandeldreef and Koning Leopold III-laan is yet to be
constructed (but at least building permit is in, afaik)

- Along the Regina Woutersweg there's so seperate bike infrastructure

- North of the Wijnendalestraat the bike path suddenly stops. The extension of
the currently present trajectory would run right across a (trucking) transport
company, and there's no opening in sight.

- it assumes a crossing below a bridge (R32), where there's no room between the
current road and train tracks (concrete bridge pillars in the way)

- the entire remaining stretch up to Stationsstraat in Gits is NOT THERE.
- ....

How would one suggest mapping a such vision?

I will however state I'm in favor of covering the proper stretches through
relations, very much like the node networks, and what's on OpenCycleMap.

Sticking to 'mapping what's on the ground' would - to me - seem the best way to
go.

If there's clear intent on finishing missing links (like a piece in Zwevegem,
on the Guldensporenroute) could probably very early onwards get mapped as
'under construction'.