Hi all,

Neighbourhoods in Ghent are mapped as a point. See for example https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2274965455

The problem with this is that nominatim will add the neighbourhood to an address string, based on the nearest point. An address still in the Brugse Poort therefore will get an obvious wrong neighbourhood attached to it. See for example https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search.php?q=appelstraat+27%2C+9000+Gent&polygon_geojson=1&viewbox=. This point is in the Brugse Poort, but it is closest to the point of the neighbourhood Malem.

Should we change these point to be polygons instead?

There is also an official Open Data list of “wijken” (which is not entirely the same though) on the open data portal of the city of Ghent: https://datatank.stad.gent/4/grondgebied/wijken → Should we map these bounds in OSM as well? And how?

Kind regards,

Pieter