I don't have big issues with prepending a prefix. Having said that, if the
issue is that they are signposted differently in each country, here in
Belgium they are likely to become signposted differently depending on the
region.

The way I understood it, in Flanders it's Fxyz. In Brussels it would be
Cxyz, where xyz would be the same number as in Flanders, for example, F3
would continue as C3, F203 as C203. Anyway, that was the plan about a year
ago, not sure if it's still the case. Actually F203 already continues to
Diamant, but according to that logic it should become C203 west of Tollaan.
It runs parallel to the E40 highway for the last stretch. Last time I went
there, nothing was signposted, but ofc, I went a little too early. It was
not quite finished.

In Wallonia they don't have cycle highways yet, but they have had RaVeL for
longer than we do in Flanders. OK, it's not a network yet, but that can
change.

Will cycle_network=BE:cycle_highway be sufficient, or do we need to
subdivide it further for the regions? Even though the signposting might be
different between Flanders and Brussels, the plan is still to have 2
networks that interconnect seamlessly.

Jo