On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Adam Glauser <adamglau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was cleaning up some areas where the TCT shares its path with roads
> and other existing trails (here http://osm.org/go/ZXnePd73--, if you are
> interested).
>
> It appears that there used to be a relation, which was part of a mass
> deletion recently (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/146837).
>  Should this relation be resurrected, a new one created, or something else?

Hey, Sam! Adam found something with our fingerprints on it!  ;-)

Adam, the history here

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/146837/history

shows that this was deleted deliberately by andrzej as the relation
had no members.  The discussion andrzej referenced in his delete
comment (How very polite, by the way!) asked about the validity of
relations or ways with no members as a data quality / validity
question.  So I think andrzej deletion should stand for now.

Earlier in the history Sam (acrosscanadatrails) says I asked him to
remove his earlier work.  I don't recall the details of the
conversation, but I probably did.  That Adam found part of the
relation in Ontario.  Sam's earlier additions in that history
discussed trail portions in BC.

Sam do you recall the details?  Should this relation be replaced,
without members or 'fixed' with members added?

Best regards,
Richard