On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:11:40 -0400, "G. Michael Carter"
<mi...@carterfamily.ca> wrote:
> When importing the data do we favour yahoo existing data in OSM (which
> is obviously traced from satellite imagery)  or CanVec?   I'm assuming
> CanVec for parks would be based on official park boundaries rather than
> yahoo, line of site on open spaces.   So parks would be better coming
> from CanVec.  But what about buildings?

I think you need to make a judgement call based on all the data sources.
Some things to consider:
1. Are there repeated GPS traces in the area you can use to help sway you
one way or the other?
2. How "smooth" is the existing OSM data?  I've run into OSM roads that
are very "chunky" and do not agree at all with the Yahoo and/or Toporama
data.  In the end I've used a combination of both to realign and smooth
things out.
3. For buildings I'm guessing that the stuff in OSM is likely the best.
The buildings layer in CanVec is somewhat dated from what I can tell,
especially in Winnipeg.

Tyler