Hi Pierre,

Any idea of sources for street names ?

With MapOSMatic, you can produce indexed maps of streets of arbitrary
rectangular areas (provided they are not too large). For example, for
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu :
http://www.maposmatic.org/rendered//026951_2011-05-25_01-11_SaintJeansurRichelieu.pdf
http://www.maposmatic.org/rendered//026951_2011-05-25_01-11_SaintJeansurRichelieu_index.pdf
(in PDF format ; PNG and SVGZ formats are available from
http://maposmatic.org/jobs/26951)

Or, for the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu / Saint-Eugène almost rectangular
flooded area for which you have given a boundary relation :
http://maposmatic.org/jobs/26952

You can define your own areas on http://maposmatic.org .

I do not know about zones delimited by a boundary relation. Copying
Maposmatic addresses in case they could help.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

Le 25/05/2011 00:25, Pierre Béland a écrit :
> On may 23, strong winds up to 80 km/h pushed rapidly Lake Champlain
> water in Richelieu river. For the second time in a month, a high level
> record have been registered in Lake Champlain and Richelieu river basin.
>
> My city and a total of 18 cities are principally affected. No severe
> injuries are registered, but people are fighthing to save there
> houses. Many people are fragile and severely affected of a month long
> of fighting with nature elements. Many retired persons and low level
> revenu persons are living in this area. Exhausted volunteers are
> building dikes around homes. Tension and frustration is becoming high
> among affected people. Many have already lost there houses.
>
> The next steps (cleaning, repairs) will bring thousand of people in
> affected zones. SOS-Richelieu, a Volunteers organization in wich I am
> involved (http://sosrichelieu.com/ ) , is requesting Indexed maps of
> streets of the affected zones. HOT Team and OSM mappers can help by
> assuring these maps be available rapidly.
>
> If it was possible, the best would be to use a tool such as Mapsomatic
> to produce Indexed street maps for a specific zone delimited by a
> boundary relation. We do not want to produce a map a all a city but
> only of flooded zones. If you have any idea in how to do so, your
> comments would be appreciated.
>
> I started a wiki page at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2011_Richelieu_river_flooding
>
> I also started to roughly draw affected zones using the following tags.
>
>     * natural=wetland
>     * damage=flooded
>     * note=temporary; richelieu river flooding may 2011
>

> For the time being, this is a draw of the affected zone. But is enough
> to see in wich areas, the street names should be added.
>
> I should obtain soon detailed maps produced by cities of affected
> zones and will then modify the map in consequence.
>
> Regards,
>
> /Pierre Béland/
> /Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu/

pgp 0x5939EAE2