Yeah forests are not an easy task to handle, I've been trying to tackle
this from time to time in rural areas as to no put a forest in the city,
but it's a long process as you need to validate a lot of things before you
can upload a small portion of land.

I've tackled a few today:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/41689490
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/41689128