From: jwhelan0...@gmail.com
Sent: September 28, 2017 7:06 AM
To: scr...@gmail.com
Cc: talk-ca@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] OSM Canada & State of the Map US: Oct 20-22

I hadn't heard of them and I'm in Ottawa but there again I'm not very sociable.  I question why such a decision would be made out of the country?

Does it matter if someone creates a not for profit Canadian corporation? I think it would have to change its name though there have been discussions recently about the use of OSM in names.

Cheerio John

On 2017-09-27 05:49 PM, Matthew Darwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are any Canadian folks going to State of the Map US October 20-22
> https://2017.stateofthemap.us/

Nope. Wish I could afford it.

> During the conference, I would like to have a discussion about turning
> the informal https://www.osmcanada.ca/ into a not-for-profit Canadian
> corporation.

I'd be opposed. Who are osmcanada? They don't represent me. Last I heard
it was an informal group of mappers in Ottawa. What would the non-profit
do? How would it justify its status? Would it be attempting to be an
OSMF Chapter?

 Stewart