On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, john whelan wrote:

That one says federal government.  Somewhere they have a kit with the municipal
version and that's the one you
want.  Exact license is the one the City of Ottawa uses just sub "City of
Ottawa" with your city name.

Note to Tracey and or Kent could you be very nice and point Rob to the exact
municipal Open Data license 2.0 that
TB drew up.

I do not see either the open-government-license-canada or the TB open data license, or a Canadian "municipal data license 2.0" listed at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/ODbL_Compatibility

My understanding is that the "City of Ottawa Open Data License 2.0" received special approval from the LWG. (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Plan#Licence)

It is also my understanding that substituting "City of Ottawa" with "Region of Durham" would still require the LWG to approve the Durham license.

It is my understanding that the act of substitution is enough of a change to require the LWG to need to look at it.

I don't see open-government-licence-canada listed as a compatible generic license on the wiki page.

If anyone is aware of something written from the LWG that says otherwise please post a link.

Steve

Many Thanks John