Hello,

I am trying to contribute to filling the gaps on McGill campus on OSM at the moment and I ran into a problem which I haven't fund a satisfactory answer for yet.

We have several buildings on campus which are home to multiple departments, all buildings have a building name.

I looked the OSM wiki feature pages and in the OSM forum and found the following approach as apparently standard procedure: 1) Map building outline with building = university , name= XYZ building, operator=McGill University 2) Add a node inside the building for each department with office=university, description=department name This produces irritating blue dots in the outline of the building, see https://osm.org/go/cIrNt~j2u

When I looked at other universities, I found e.g. a node with amenity=university, name=department name. But when looking at the OSM wiki feature page for universities[1] it says you only should use amenity=university for the whole campus.

The office tag I found when looking for multiple businesses in one building, but the blue dot aren't nice.

Any suggestions on how to map this elegantly?

Thank you,
Tim (aka AGeographer)

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=university