Maybe the issue is that in ID and I assume that is the Canadian default value,
the bicycle access tag is left undefined. Why isn’t that tag defaulted to no as
it is for cars ? Then an explicit yes tag can be added only to the odd place
where cycling on a sidewalk is allowed. We are talking routing engines here,
not the kid that plays on the street.