1. amenity=bicycle_rental
The good tag is vending=yes, rent process not available at all station.
It's more clear in french translation
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Tag:amenity=bicycle_rental

I don't speak French so this is what google gives me: "yes for stations that have a possibility of payment and ticket printer (registration shortest possible time in these stations)."

First of all I don't understand why this tag covers payment, when we have payment= which can be used in many ways.

Then I assume you always need some kind of ticket for the bike?

So then it depends if you just want to set payment:ticket (or something like that) on the station or do you include the vending machine, because then you might as well just set payment:cash=yes (I mean if I got to a cinema I also don't tagg it with vending=yes, because i can get the ticket right there and pay with cash). The stations where you can't do this are then different, because payment:cash=no. Maybe we should then consider a new value for payment like only and then you set payment:vcub_ticket=only. At least I think that is the direction this should be going.