Hello OSM London community
Theo from Transport for London here! I manage TfL's open data products and
wanted to let you all know about an exciting project (hopefully the first of
many) we're about to start work on using OpenStreetMap.
We really appreciate the impressive level of detail about our network (bus
stops, bus services, tube entrances and railway infrastructure) that the OSM
community have already added to OpenStreetMap. To supplement this and aligned
with our open data strategy, we would like to add maps of the internal layout
of the public areas of our stations. We have therefore commissioned our
supplier, MENTZ (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MENTZ_GmbH), to add this
publicly observable data to OSM and give the OSM community and users access to
it.
MENTZ will start to add the data for roughly 30 major stations in London over
the next few weeks. We will be quality checking data while MENTZ are adding it
to OSM so you may notice us making edits. We are planning to use this data for
an internal project initially but we may, in future, decide to use it in our
customer products. Once we have completed our quality checks and all the data
is added to OSM, we will post to let you know that the work is completed. We
will also be promoting the data in OSM to our open data users and key partners.

-The mapping scheme will build on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/London_public_transport_tagging_scheme
-We will add the following extra features not yet covered:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/London_public_transport_tagging_scheme/TfL_Barrier-Free
-This scheme is strictly derived from
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Simple_Indoor_Tagging
to be as compatible as possible. The scheme is already in widespread use in
France and Germany.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about this project. We
really value your feedback and support.
Thanks,
Theo

Theo Chapple | Digital Partnerships Manager | Digital | Technology & Data

Transport for London | Floor 2 G, 14 Pier Walk,  North Greenwich, London SE10
0ES

The contents of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential. If you
have received this email in error, please notify us immediately at
postmas...@tfl.gov.uk and remove it from your system. If received in error,
please do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy this email or its
content. Transport for London excludes any warranty and any liability as to the
quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached files.

Transport for London is a statutory corporation whose principal office is at 55
Broadway, London, SW1H 0DB. Further information about Transport for London?s
subsidiary companies can be found on the following link:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/

Although TfL have scanned this email (including attachments) for viruses,
recipients are advised to carry out their own virus check before opening any
attachments, as TfL accepts no liability for any loss, or damage which may be
caused by viruses.