Hi,

One persons edits have created much talk as we are all worried about
damage to the work that has been put into the project, and rightly so.

When I started editing over a year ago I was worried (rightly on
occasion) that I was damaging rather than contributing, and this
actually made it harder for me to contribute & gain confidence.

There is now a person who's current edits are causing alarm. This
situation could alter in the future & their work then will be valued. We
could currently be looking at a gifted 5 year old who will write a new
operating system for mapping systems in the future. For now, they are
being monitored & incorrect edits repaired in one way or another.

Perhaps it is now time to consider different status's for user log-ins.
A 'probationer' could be someone new who's first few contributions need
monitoring to help them navigate the minefield of tagging, or an
existing user who's abilities have waned & now need monitoring, perhaps
temporarily. Anybody who's status is 'probationer' has their edits
validated before they are added to the database. The initial monitoring
would have to be for a very limited number of edits, but could provide
the necessary buffer to provide safety to the process.

Nick (Tallguy)