On 2 Jun 2010, at 17:36, Sam Larsen wrote:

> [...]

+1

Just to say that I was in discussion with the research guys at the OS
about this last week and the status reports which we hope to have
online next week will include a section of 'not:name's for each
district which they have expressed interest in reviewing. The only
small issue could be over licencing, however I don't believe that they
would ever want to act on a report in OSM without checking it first on
the ground so it will purely be treated as a clue for their purposes.

As it happened I met the local OS Surveyor (who covers Ipswich and
Suffolk Coastal) and I was able to give her a few reports verbally
which she entered on her tablet!. Given that the surveyors cover
districts then the proposed district level reports could work really
well - the OS would just need to alert their surveyors to the place to
look for problems. We may even be able to give the district level RSS
feeds which would be the icing on the cake. Until the problem is fixed
we keep the not:name tag in the OSM DB. When it is fixed I guess we
could remove the not:name tag for tidiness.

I should have mentioned that we got some funding support for the OS
Locator tiles from our research project, Ideas in Transit with support
from the DfT and the Technology Strategy Board.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ideas_in_Transit

Regards,

Peter