Sorry for not checking the link, thanks for Jerry for picking out a good example.

I agree that there is the right thing to do to let people know about the need to link as it is not apparent when something looks right. I did have a look at some way histories and the first ones I looked at I found that the errors were from a year or so ago, so that didn't seem appropriate. Similarly, I notice on Jerry's link that some unlinked ways have a long history and the last editor may not have been dealing with the part of the link.

I suspect that it is an area where it has never been done properly, so there hasn't been an example to follow. The initial ways I reviewed did not have recent errors so it seemed churlish to message the editors who may well have moved on (or I suspect would by now have understood the problem and reviewed their work), though some others had recent edits from multiple people. Having had a further scout around, I realise there are many areas like this. KeepRight is an easy tool to use (though I am a bit puzzled as to how to persuade it to give me a link to the current view!), so perhaps I should just commend it to editors and ask them to review their areas for connection errors.

Spenny