On 21/08/2010 10:01, Ian Spencer wrote:

I suspect that it is an area where it has never been done properly, so there hasn't been an example to follow.

It's also a "between other mappers area" - north of the West Midlands, a bit west for me and a bit SE for mikh43.
The initial ways I reviewed did not have recent errors so it seemed churlish to message the editors who may well have moved on (or I suspect would by now have understood the problem and reviewed their work)
I think so - I spotted the problem around February this year, but didn't raise it publicly (or with the guy concerned) because a quick look at at that mapper's recent edits suggested that there was less of a problem with them. Whenever I create Garmin maps I tend to append some authors' names to the ways as a reminder on the ground to check those ways.

It's a bigger problem than just non-joining ways, though - I've done a bit of tidying (usually by just moving them to the correct GPS location) in a couple of villages where the roads were in completely the wrong place. I'm not sure what source was used - names seem to have come from somewhere even though the locations can be wrong.

Cheers,
Andy