On 24 Oct 2010, at 21:41, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> On 24 October 2010 21:12, Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com> wrote:
>>  <o...@...> writes:
>>
>>> We're importing the location of bus stops from NaPTAN, can we also load the
>>> NaPTAN codes for railway stations?
>
>> National Rail seems to use a three-letter code for stations - does that have
>> any
>> relationship to this NaPTAN code?
>
> Nailsea and Backwell's is NLS, which does not appear in the Naptan
> code, "9100NAILSEA" listed above.
>
> Wikipedia has all these codes, in article infoboxes. I would urge that
> they be added to OSM.

I have been adding the three letter short code as the ref tag when I have been
editing around stations. e.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/9779990

I have also been adding that tag tfl_travelzone, in the hope that at some point
there will be a map showing the travel map zone in a geographic layout.

Shaun